Whole Wheat Zucchini Applesauce Bread Recipe
Need a bakery item that will satisfy your sweet tooth?
…Well try out this recipe for our Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread!
There is an abundance of zucchini in the Northeast. It is everywhere, in every market, in every garden, at every farm stand. It is a wonderful, healthy vegetable to serve as a side dish or mix into a main course.
Below is a zucchini bread recipe with white whole wheat flour and some applesauce to add some whole grain goodness and cut down on the fat. The taste is terrific!
Applesauce is naturally sweet and tastes delicious in bread. This method works for many baked goods that call for lots of oil. You can usually substitute at least half of the applesauce for oil, and still have a delicious and filling snack.
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to create this mouthwatering snack!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Applesauce Bread
Makes 1 loaf
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup Holmes Mouthwatering Original (plain flavored) applesauce
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups freshly grated zucchini
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl stir together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Make sure it is fully combined.
4. Carefully pour flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring until completely combined.
5. Pour entire mixture into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, to 1 hour and 10 minutes depending on your oven. When it is finished the top should spring back when touch and a cake tester inserted will come out clean.
6. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then carefully invert the bread onto a wire rack and allow it to cool before slicing and eating.
SEND US YOUR MOUTHWATERING RECIPES FOR US TO SHARE: Holmesapplesauce@aol.com
*please send us your name, location, recipe, and a little information about yourself and your recipe.